Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Book Blast & Hot Interview: The Position by @authordahliaS

The Position Banner 851 x 315

 

blast

 

clip_image002The Position

Dahlia Salvatore

Genre: Erotica

Publisher: Entice – BookTrope Publishing

Date of Publication: August 27

ISBN: 978-1-62015-484-7

ASIN: B00MW1BRNY

Number of pages: 186

Cover Artist: BookTrope Publishing

Book Description:

Dylan Farrow puts on his pants every morning one leg at a time, just like everyone else at the Kerrigan Advertising Agency. He handles high-pressure projects with a fast turnaround. He’s prized for his keen intellect and admirable performance. But how did he get where he is today—to the level of Junior Executive of Design Production?

Well, that involves how he takes his pants off…

and for whom…

Hoping to break through the glass ceiling under which she’s been trapped for years, Valerie Caplan picks up her life and moves to Seattle. After hearing about the position of Senior Executive of Design Production from an art director at Kerrigan, she decides to apply. When she lands the big interview, she never thinks for a minute that she’ll have any serious competition. She assumes that she has the job in the bag…until she discovers that the only competition has something she doesn’t have—the willingness to go outside the office to impress Danica Stewart, their uptight female boss.

Available at Amazon

Authorcagehot

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

I'm an author living in Seattle, Washington. When I'm not writing, I'm a homemaker and reader.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

I wrote what I like reading the most and people encouraged me to keep going, so I'll be doing that for the foreseeable future! :)

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

I never really had stage fright. Most of my issues come with making sure the scenes are balanced between fantastic and realistic.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

My main character would be great. Dylan's a catch and mysterious enough to where I'd be asking for more.

Your favorite adult fiction books is-?

The entire Falling series by Jasinda Wilder. Those are some of my favorites.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

I think there is always something new to look forward to in the world of literature. There are only a few groundbreakers on the market at a time, but there will always be new writers mixing things up.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

My computer. That's where I do all my writing and planning.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

I created them from scratch, but I did use visual references. Danica's appearance is based on the actress Monica Bellucci.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

I think it should be treated as its own entity. Real relationships should never be modeled off of literary relationships. There's a reason they call it fantasy. Real life relationships are about endurance, understanding and patience. Fantasy relationships are usually about satisfying passionate impulse and coming together. Real life deals with what comes after the initial passionate explosion.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

I'd tell them to open up to the possibility that they may discover something about themselves that they weren't previously aware of. Sometimes if you have an unwilling partner or someone who doesn't want to experiment, you can indulge in your fantasies through the characters. That becomes valuable when working out your own feelings and urges.

What is your motto?

I don't really have one. I think every day requires a new mantra. To set sights on one motto might reduce your chances of discovering a new one the next day.

You have a few steamy moments in your novel. Were they created from fantasy or is there real life experience behind it?

There were some instances taken from real life.

Why did you choose a virgin rather than a more experienced woman? (Or vice versa)

Valerie isn't a virgin, but she's not very experienced either. She's been too busy with work to date, and meeting Dylan kind of wakes her sexual side up.

Foreplay, some say it’s just a waste of energy, others feel that it’s a must. You’re opinion?

Foreplay is a must. I'm not much for receiving, but I love giving.

What sexual position is your favorite?

The one where the guy is trussed up like a holiday ham, licking my boot. Hahaha.

Have you ever used your nails and left marks?

I haven't left marks with my nails.

Do you think lingerie is a must for a relationship?

No. Men and women alike are just as sexy completely naked.

Are you a screamer or the bite it down kind of lover?

Screamer

Have you ever participated in BDSM?

Yes.

BDSM have been describe as the ultimate form of trust between two people, do you agree?

Yup

Any favorite toys?

Masks, floggers, whips, cuffs, chastity devices, clips, electro-shock equipment, racks, leashes, clothes pins, inflatable dildos.

Does pain really enhance the sexual experience?

I'm a masochist not a sadist. I enjoy inflicting pain versus feeling pain.

Who is the better Dom? Male or Female?

I read both. In real life I prefer to be in charge.

You’re perfect male Dom would be?

He'd have to be a HELL of a strong male to be able to overpower me effectively. He'd have to have a lot of power and bearing to be able to pull it off. I haven't met one that could do the job yet...

You’re perfect female Dom would be?

The current female main character I'm writing in one of my upcoming novels. ;)

What is you’re perfect game setup?

I'd like to dominate more than one person at a time, possibly an instructional session with another married couple.

 

 

abouttheauthor

Dahlia Salvatore is a thirty-two-year-old female author living in Seattle, Washington with her husband. She comes from Coos Bay, Oregon and moved to Seattle six years ago. She loves the west coast and doesn’t see herself anywhere else.

Her influences include contemporary writers J.K. Rowling, Mary Balogh, Christina Dodd, Stephanie Laurens, Laurell K. Hamilton, Anne Rice, Stephen King, and many many others.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorDahliaSalvatore

Twitter: @authordahliaS

Website: http://www.dahliasalvatore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment