Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Author Cage~ Nara Malone, author of Make Me Wet steps into the cage today.

Make Me Wet Banner 450 x 169

 

 

Today in author cage we have Nara Malone for an interview. Nara is the author of today’s book blast Make Me Wet. We would like to thank Nara for stopping by and sharing with us.

 

About Nara:

Whether it's a shapeshifter romance exploring the primal power of the wild feminine, or BDSM romance where love digs into a character's shadows, Nara believes romance should open the door and push lovers into a new dimension: sexually, emotionally, and sometimes physically.

Nara Malone is an award winning novelist and poet. As a freelance journalist and writer, her feature profiles on women entrepreneurs and her romantic short stories have been published in newspapers, magazines, and digital publications.

www.naramalone.com

www.narasnook.com

Twitter @nara_malone

https://plus.google.com/u/0/108655068126328651852/about

https://www.facebook.com/nara.malone

http://www.pinterest.com/naramalone/

 

 

Authorcage

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

I love writing romance, video games and narrative poetry. I have six published books, one published video game and i regularly post sexy poetry at my blog.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

I guess there were lots of writerly moments along the way to becoming a published author. I’d been published in short fiction, written a column for local weekly for awhile before my first book won an award and was accepted for publication. But despite all that the moment that stands out was when I went to my first conference and sat down at the author table to discover my e-book had been released in print. I didn’t know in advance. There is something magical about holding a book with your name on it. That’s when I felt like an author.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

I’ve always loved both romance and writing. Yet, I couldn’t write a novel until I was able to be real about the sex. When a friend first pointed out publishers like Ellora’s Cave and lines like Harlequin’s Spice I finally felt like romance had a place for me. I could finally tell a love story where the character change is driven by sex. And isn’t sex, especially sex with the one who owns your heart, life-changing?

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

I like to write early in the morning, like 4 AM early. At that time of day I am only half awake and that inner-censor is still snoring. It’s a dream zone for me and I can tap into that creative part of my mind that fashions fantasies. While it’s a great time for uninhibited creativity, it’s a lousy time for spelling and punctuation. I have to go back through and fix the mechanics in the evenings when my inner critic is ready for battle.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

Ean from the Tiger’s Tale. He has a delightfully feral approach to romance and he loves to lick a woman from head to toe.

What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?

Broken, by Megan Hart. It was stunningly sensual and emotionally riveting at the same time. I don’t know if it would have the same impact on everyone. There were just aspects of my life that book spoke to like no other book before or since.

Your favorite adult fiction book is-?

Broken by Megan Hart

Your favorite Author is-?

I’ve read and loved every one of Walter Farley’s books. I think he was a the master of page turners. I haven’t read any of them as an adult but there are still scenes from the Black Stallion that stand out in my mind. He did conflict so well. I strive to keep conflict alive in my stories right up until the end.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

My books. If someone said I could only have one thing. I would try to cram my book collection into an e-reader.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

My characters show up as a voice and personality, whispering a story in those wee hours of the morning while the house is still quiet. I feel like I get to know them as I write a first draft. I don’t decide their traits. I discover them as we go and try to figure out what happened to them to make them the people they are.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

I find the new interactive adult romance lines intriguing and I look for adult fiction to make a move toward being more interactive and immersive as we discover new ways to use technology to tell stories.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

Many of my author friends have said readers wrote them about how a story helped them discover something new with their partner or work out a problem. I’ve had similar letters. My favorite was from a reader who read the Dungeon Gourmet and then she and her husband tested the ice cream recipe revealed throughout the story. I try to include little games lovers can play as I tell a story. I’ve even built virtual story worlds that readers and their partners can explore together.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

I think a choose your path story where you can pick the heat level of the romance scenes as you work your way through the story would be a nice place for shy readers to start. No one will know which path they read. I’m working on one of those now. :-)

What is your motto?

Taking romance into the next dimension. It’s my passion as an author to create a stories that can reach beyond the covers of a book—in a romantic game lovers share, in virtual reality, or in an interactive story that readers can read more than once to discover a different story each time. My virtual world for Make Me Wet does that. I have a replica of Shadowling Manor that readers can explore. They can go to Selkie Island, visit the Goddess Mere and her Mermen attendants, hang out with the hero Ronin by the campfire, or put on a selkie avatar, shift from being human to seal and explore the magical fantasy world beneath the water.

Readers can find instructions for visiting my stories in the next dimension here: http://www.narasnook.com/2014/01/an-authors-guide-to-metaverse-how-to.html

If you would like to find out more about this amazing author,check out the book blast below.

1 comment: