Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Author Cage ~ Author Raelynn Blue steps into the cage today.

Earthen Banner 450 x 169

 

Today in author cage we have author RaeLynn Blue for an interview. Raelynn is the author of one of today’s book blast Earthen. We would like to thank Raelynn for stopping by and sharing with us.

About Raelynn:

RaeLynn Blue is the author of numerous tales of erotic interracial romance and speculative romance. With an imagination that's varied and diverse, her tales explores love in all its many shades, situations and scenarios. She fell into romance stories at the ripe age of eleven and has been writing stories ever since. A humble scribbler of tales, RaeLynn is actively writing another story of lust, love, and romance.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/raelynn.blue.5

Blog: http://raelynnblue.blogspot.com

Twitter: @raelynnblue

Web: http://www.amazon.com/RaeLynn-Blue/e/B007FIXC6Y

 

Authorcage

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

*Looks around and waves.* I am an erotic romance author from the south. I like strong women, and my fair share of alpha men, but what really draws into a story is the conflict the hero or heroine or both have to conquer. Most of my stories are set in urban settings and are paranormal in nature. I love a good story.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

I first considered myself a writer in high school when I won the district’s essay contest and won $50. I thought, wow, I can get paid to write? I am a writer.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

I have written for a decade under a different name in the science fiction, fantasy, and horror genres, but I read a very good book by Laurel K. Hamilton and then another by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Those two books helped convince me to further push myself to write adult fiction. My own stories always had strong romance elements, but the actual engagements happened off screen. I felt that restricted me as an author, so I didn’t include those at all. When I read Kenyon and Hamilton, I was freed to write without restrictions—so I did.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

I overcame the stage fright when my editor provided feedback about the sex scene in Thelma’s Eatery. Her frankness and practical approach pushed the “fright” out of me. I realized that people engaged in sex because they enjoyed it. It’s a natural part of who we are as human beings, and when people are in love, sex becomes a vehicle to express it. I shouldn’t and wouldn’t be ashamed or scared of it.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

I would love to go on a date with Bruce Banner. Sensitive. Strong character. Brilliant. Smart men are very attractive and I really like men who are vulnerable. I wouldn’t like to meet his alter ego, but the scientist—him I would love to have coffee with and discuss his theories of the world.

What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?

The first adult fiction book I read was The Sleeping Beauty books by Anne Rice. I was floored. I felt hot and sweaty all over. I just knew my mom was going to catch me with them and help me into the cart on my way to hell. LOL!

Your favorite adult fiction book is-?

My favorite adult book is Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Acheron.

Your favorite Author is-?

My favorite author is Sherrilyn Kenyon, but it’s hard for me to just settle on her. I adore Stephen King, Mary Shelley, and Robert B. Parker, so my tastes are all over the place.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

My most treasured possession is my autographed picture of Nichelle Nichols, the original Uhura from Star Trek: The Original Series.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

My characters are from scratch. They’re completely their own person—and I know that sounds strange as they are not real. Still, they come to me completely rounded out with their own issues and internal conflict.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

As a genre, I feel adult fiction is in for a huge surprise. There are truly talented individuals in the genre and new authors arriving with fresh ideas. I think the genre will continue to evolve as the audience’s taste evolve as well.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

Adult fiction by itself improve relationships, but what it can do is demonstrate how one’s sexual desires do not have to be in a dark and taboo place. Healthy relationships require communication and an openness that is free of judgment. Adult fiction places the taboo and dare I say it, shame, from sexual encounters to being a piece of a healthy romantic relationship.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

Adult fiction is not about sex. It’s about relationships and story. Do you like a good story? Try this.

What is your motto?

“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.”

--Joseph Campbell

If you would like to find out more about this amazing author, check out the book blast below.

No comments:

Post a Comment