Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Author Cage~ Author Matthew Tallman steps into the cage today.

The Shade Banner 450 x 169

 

Today in author cage we have Matthew Tallman. Matthew is the author of The Shade one of today’s book blast. We would like to thank Matthew for stopping by and sharing with us.

 

clip_image002About Matthew:

I am currently a part time writer and full time government employee. Reading and writing books is one of my favorite hobbies as I enjoy every part of the story telling process. I have been working on three full-length novels for the last three years. I grew up all around the world because my father was in the United States Air Force, the past ten years I have lived just outside of Dayton, Ohio, which is where I now reside with my wife and stepson.

https://www.facebook.com/TheShadeBook

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20805401-the-shade

 

 

 

Authorcage

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

Well, I'm a government employee who has always had an overactive imagination. Currently I live near Dayton, Ohio with my wife and stepson. I've always wanted to write a novel and now it seems I have. I really get pleasure from the outdoors; biking and hiking are summer activities I enjoy.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

I think I first thought of myself as a writer the moment I held the finished copy of my first novel. Up until that point I did the action (writing) but I never felt like a writer. Once I had the finished paperback in my hands, it seemed official somehow, as if it was something I'd accomplished and would last forever.

Your favorite fiction book is-?

I took the liberty to change this question, I hope you don't mind. As far as my favorite fiction book goes, I'd have to say Speaker for the Dead is one of my all time favorites.

Your favorite Author is-?

I'd have to say Orson Scott Card, despite his personal views I do believe he is one of the fathers of modern Science Fiction.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

I really like listening to Vinyl records, so I would have to say my most treasured possession is a record Beggars by the band Thrice. It's a limited pressing and even though I don't listen to it that often, I still like displaying it in my home.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

A bit of both. I'd have to say that most authors will take a bit of reality and stick them into their characters. I believe all my characters have a little piece of my personality in them. James has a lot of my curiosity, while Virgil has my sarcasm. I think by building the characters on something or someone you already know you can better create a more believable character/story.

What is your motto?

My motto is Audaces fortuna iuvat, it's a Latin phrase meaning, Fortune favors the bold (brave). This is also the motto of my book.

If you would like to find out more about this amazing author and his books, check out the boo blast below.

No comments:

Post a Comment