Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Author Cage ~ Author Jennifer Allis Provost steps into the cage today.

Copper Girl Banner 450 x 169

 

Today in author cage we have author Jennifer Allis Provost. Jennifer is the author of today’s book blast Copper Girl. We would like to thank Jennifer for stopping by and sharing with us.

 

 

clip_image002About Jennifer:

Jennifer Allis Provost is a native New Englander who lives in a sprawling colonial along with her beautiful and precocious twins, a dog, two birds, three cats, and a wonderful husband who never forgets to buy ice cream. As a child, she read anything and everything she could get her hands on, including a set of encyclopedias, but fantasy was always her favorite. She spends her days drinking vast amounts of coffee, arguing with her computer, and avoiding any and all domestic behavior.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jennallis

https://www.facebook.com/copperraven

Twitter: @parthalan

GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16193519-copper-girl

http://jenniferallisprovost.com/

http://jenniferallisprovost.blogspot.com/

 

Authorcage

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

Hi! I’m Jenn, and by day I’m an insurance professional who wears pantsuits and sensible shoes. By night, I write urban fantasy that features fairies, orcs and elves. I would not be able to do any of this without the love and support of my children and husband, along with several other pets.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

The moment I held my first published book, I knew there was no going back. I’d gone and made my imagination real!

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

Well, I didn’t set out with the intent of writing “adult fiction”. I just let the story take me where it would, and I wound up with an urban fantasy. Would things have been easier if this was YA? Yes, absolutely. But, that woukd have compromised the story, and that is something I will never do.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

I had to take a deep breath, and convince myself that my mother would never read those scenes. (She has, you know.)

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

Oh, probably Micah from Copper Girl. He’s pretty awesome, you know ;)

What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?

Sunshine by Robin McKinley. It wasn’t the first adult fiction novel I’d read, but it was the one that made me think others would like my work.

Your favorite adult fiction book is-?

Hmm, maybe American Gods? Or, War For the Oaks.

Your favorite Author is-?

I have a few: Robin McKinley, Neil Gaiman, Patricia Briggs, and Ilona Andrews.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

Do my spiky black boots count?

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

Depends on the character. Micah. Sara’s love interest, was loosely based on David Bowie. Sara was created from the ground up. Max, Sara’s brother, was pretty much based on me.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

I think that awesome stories are being written every day, and that the best is yet to come.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

Absolutely! What woman doesn’t want an alpha male that will love and protect her with every fiber of his being? If women don’t know that that kind of devotion is possible, they may end up settling for less.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

Give this a try, it just might be the sort of story you’ve hungered for.

What is your motto?

Success isn’t measured by how far you fly, but how high you bounce.

Remember to check out Copper Girl’s book blast below to find out more about this amazing author and her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment