Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Author Cage ~ Author N. Isabelle Blanco takes on our Only The Brave Interview!

Authorcagehot

 

We have a brave one! Hell yes we love our Only The Brave interviews. Today author N. Isabelle Blanco bravely steps into the cage and just blows us away. Her novel A Debt Repaid is today’s book blast. We would like to thank Isabelle for stopping by today and just making our day wonderful. So….

 

 

Are you ready??

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

-Thank you so much for having me. I’m so freaking excited to be in the Cage ^_~

First off, for those that don’t know, my first name is Nidia. Aside from being an author, I’m a webprogrammer and marketer. I have an insatiable black-hole in my head that’s constantly demanding that I learn something. (One of my favorite ways of punishing my son is forcing him to watch documentaries LOL) I’m a huge history fanatic. I also have this an obsession for Mexican food. Can’t live without it.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

-My brain wanted me to. Actually, it demanded it. I’m serious. It’s like the non-stop, romantic version of the Starz network Spartacus up in there.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

-There never was any stage fright. I honestly love writing the steamy-scenes and putting them out there.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

-Aw, come on! My book-boyfriend list is huge. Yes, it’s true. I’m against being a h00r (as they “politely” write it online) in real-life, but mentally, no one beats me :p

If I have to pick one, I’m going with my first love ever. Darien from Sailor Moon. Deep down, he’ll always be it for me.

Your favorite adult fiction books is-?

-Again, too many! I hate having to narrow it down like this. They all deserve to be mentioned. *Cringes* I have to go with Kresley Cole’s Lothaire. Very few books have sex scenes like that one did. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. *Fans her bright-red self*

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

-No way. The genre just escaped the shroud that the prudes had it shoved under. We have yet to see where the genre can truly go.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

-My Samsung Galaxy Note III. It’s a beast of a phone and I can’t live without it.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

-A little bit of both. More the latter than the former. They pop into my head on their own, but I analyze people way too much. Some of that definitely leaks in.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

-Sexually? Yes. But...I am convinced it ruins them actually. Why? Because human men are rarely ever in the league of The Book Boyfriend (I’m talking a low, low ratio of like 1:1000). When shown how the BB can be, real mean start to become a huge disappointment. Not a man-hater, just stating the cold, hard facts. Men? Start reading, get those notebooks out, start studying. ‘Cause the men of the imagination-realm are making you look a little...well, you know what I mean.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

-I wouldn’t try to. Not that I have a thing against people that are shy, but being so shy when it comes to sex that you can’t even read it? Don’t understand it. The way I see it, the day they’re ready to read it, they’ll find it on their own.

What is your motto?

-Complain all you want, but make sure you’re making moves to change things while you’re at it. Don’t just sit around waiting for things to change on their own.

You have a few steamy moments in your novel. Were they created from fantasy or is there real life experience behind it?

-Definitely a nice mixture of both. I’m not shy when it comes to sex. Not in my writing, not in real life. The only area I can be considered a bit of a prude, is when it comes to the whole “multiple partners” things. Sorry, too many diseases out there to justify sharing yourself or your love with a bunch of other people.

Why did you choose a virgin rather than a more experienced woman?

-I go with both. Wherever the story takes me. But don’t expect an uber-shy virgin from me. I wasn’t one and many other women aren’t, so I don’t adhere to that stereotype in my writing.

Foreplay, some say it’s just a waste of energy, others feel that it’s a must. You’re opinion?

-Absolute must. Ugh, it frustrates me that people don’t understand. It starts in the mind. Mind-f*ck someone before the actual act, get them so turned on all they can focus on is their heartbeat calling for you, and the sex will be lightyears beyond the ol’ thrust-away-and-rush-it routine. Trust me on this. (Men, are you taking the notes? LOL)

What sexual position is your favorite?

-On top. I love me a big, sexy, muscular man to ride. *Sighs happily)

Have you ever used your nails and left marks?

-What haven’t I used to leave marks? That’s a better question.

Do you think lingerie is a must for a relationship?

-Yes, oh yes. It always boggle my mind when a guy says he doesn’t like lingerie. It’s like, okay, yes, it’s hot you prefer me naked, but lingerie allows a woman to decorate and switch-it-up.

Are you a screamer or the bite it down kind of lover?

-Depends on the kind of sex I’m having :p

Damn, they just keep getting better! Remember to check out A Debt Repaid to find out more about this amazing author and her novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment