Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Author Cage: Today author E.L. Loraine steps into the cage.

Authorcage

Hi guys, welcome to another author cage. Today we have author E.L. Loraine, author of Corporate Ties. We would like to thank E.L. Loraine for stopping by today and sharing with us. So here we go…

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

Thanks so much for having me. I've been writing for over four years now and have a long running fantasy series called Royal Blood Chronicles, but this my first mystery romance and it was really fun to write for a different genre.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

When I finished my first book. I'd always had stories in my mind, but had never penned them before. Now I'm on book 18.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

For me it's about the characters, the plot, and sex is just a part of their lives. It has to be done right and the feelings, what drive them, gives it life. It's not sex with a little story. It's characters and a world built around them.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

You cringe, bring in experience and make it real. You get over it after the first one.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

I love vampires so I'd pick Louie from Anne Rice's Interview with a vampire.

What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?

Oh back in the day, I read Victorian Secrets. Very hot stuff. I was hooked. It wasn't something you talked about. That made it even better.

Your favorite adult fiction book is-?

It changes all the time. Right now I'm reading Red Phoenix's Brie series. Really hot.

Your favorite Author is-?

I couldn't possibly name just one. I like so many different kinds of books, from Clive Cussler, Ted Bell for thrillers. Anne Rice, Veronica Roth, J.S. Cooper.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

I have a hanky that was my mothers. So I treasure it.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

I'd say a little of both. It is true to write your best you have to write what you really know. And taking part of people who you know and adding those traits and charateristics mke them come alive.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

It's been around forever, it's not going away. There's always a new story to tell.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

It sure gives you ideas. Bringing excitement along with communication is a very good thing.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

Just don't read it outloud. You'll be fine. I know women who scroll through when they get uncomfortable, but read the book again, taking in all the good parts.

What is your motto?

Go for it, life's short.

If you would like to find out more about this fabulous author and her book, check out today’s book blast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment